It'll be the Falcons' initial game under the open Georgia skies because of their last hurrah at Fulton Area Stadium on Dec. 15, 1991. Fittingly, the team's last video game at the Georgia Dome in January was a 44-21 taking down of Environment-friendly Bay that moved the Dirty Birds to the Super Dish, where magnificence awaited them. For two quarters.
The new roost's roof was the source of various hold-ups throughout this year, and it does not seem like all the kinks have been worked out yet. "Work to completely automate the roof will certainly continue throughout the loss but has actually proceeded well enabling it to be open for following Sunday's game," stadium officials said in a news release.
In the last 2 Days, the roof has shut at Mercedes-Benz Stadium and it looks extraordinary!
More realities and also figures concerning the roof's automation:
- The stadium roof might appear to turn open however it's a visual fallacy, the roof opens up by the activity of eight "petals" that glide open in a straight line.
- Each of the moving petals cantilevers about 200 feet inwards in the direction of the facility of the stadium as well as give a roof covering when the flowers remain in the shut placement.
- The portable petal structures are powered by 8 mechanized "bogies" which drive the petals along an inner rail as well as are attached to the external uplift rail by six roller devices
- In the closed placement, the flowers lock together to form a water-limited seal. Each petal framework is dressed with air-inflated ETFE cushions.
- ETFE is a very long lasting, lightweight material that is translucent, permitting a light-filled up a stadium, even when moveable petals remain in the closed position.